Change of Trust Name

Docscentre can prepare a deed of amendment to change the name of an existing trust. This amendment will be prepared by our in house legal team in accordance with the terms of the deed, so we ask that you provide an executed copy of the original deed via email along with the order form.

Docscentre offers this service using their standard PDF forms. Please complete, scan and email the form and a copy of the deed to Docscentre.

The Change of Trust name documentation will be prepared in accordance with the rules as set out in the original trust deed. Therefore, the documentation will vary for different trust deeds, but will usually include:

  • Deed of Name Change – supplementary deed to be kept with original trust deed
  • Trustee Resolutions (if the trustee is a company)
  • Unit holders Resolutions (for unit trusts)
  • Explanatory letter

You will receive electronic and hard copies of the documents.

Important Note:

Stamp duty may apply in relation to the deeds. NTAA Corporate is not liable for advising on stamp duty, paying the stamp duty or arranging for lodgment of the documents for stamping. In some states, there may be adverse stamp duty consequences as a result of these changes. We recommend calling the department responsible for State Revenue in the relevant State/Territory for further information on possible duty where there are transfers of property.