Change of Trustee

Docscentre can prepare a deed of amendment to change the trustee of an existing trust. This may be to appoint, remove/retire or replace a Trustee. This amendment will be prepared by their in-house legal team in accordance with the terms of the deed (so it is requested that you provide an executed copy of the original deed via email along with the order form).

Docscentre offers this service using our standard PDF forms. Please complete, scan and email the form and copy of the deed to their office.

The Change of Trustee documentation will be prepared in accordance with the rules as set out in the original trust deed, so will therefore vary for different deeds, but will usually include:

  • Deed of Removal/Retirement and/or Appointment of Trustee
  • Resolutions of the Retiring and new Trustee (if a company)
  • Resolutions of the Appointors or Unit holders
  • Explanatory letter

You will receive electronic and hard copies of the documents.

Important Note:

Stamp duty may apply in relation to the deeds. Docscentre is not liable for advising on stamp duty, paying the stamp duty or arranging for lodgement of the documents for stamping. In some states, there may be adverse stamp duty consequences as a result of these changes.  Docscentre recommends contacting the department responsible for State Revenue in the relevant State/Territory for further information on possible duty where there are transfers of property.