TBAR – reporting via the ATO portal
For a quick and efficient method of lodging TBAR reports, Trustees should link their Superannuation Fund to their MyGov account. (Reference https://www.ato.gov.au/General/Online-services/Individuals-and-sole-traders for help to create a MyGov account and link your Superannuation Fund to your MyGov account.)
To lodge a TBAR manually via the ATO portal:
Once logged in, you will see a menu on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the menu to find ONLINE REPORTS.
- Select the Transfer balance account report from the list.
- Click ADD to Start a New Report. (You can also opt to resume a partly completed report or cancel a draft report)
- Fill in the report fields
- Click SAVE AND EXIT to save a partly completed or draft report, or SUBMIT to submit a completed report. You can also print the report by selecting Print friendly version once the report is submitted.
- The ATO provides you with a Receipt ID for submitted reports.
- Submitted reports do not display on the Transfer balance account report screen.
To access a saved report:
- Go to Online Forms on the left hand menu
- Select Transfer Balance Account Report from the list of forms
- The saved report will be displayed in a table with a draft status
- Select Resume or Delete
Reports are saved for as long as you need and can be accessed at any time.