Allocating bank transfers from suspense (legacy method)
Mclowd provides users with two options in terms of suspense allocations:
- A legacy interface (available to all users)
- An upgraded tabular interface which supports faster transaction processing (access to which is restricted to Pro and Premium users only)
- The suspense allocation function – in either mode – is not suitable for adding a new property or any additions to that property.
- That should be done only via the Add New Asset or Assets screens
- However the interface is suitable for allocating property-related rental income and deductions
The balance of this article deals with the legacy interface.
If you have successfully imported the bank data:
- Choose Suspense Allocation Legacy from the Transactions menu
- You will then see the Allocate Suspense Entries screen
From the Suspense Account Allocation screen you will see a list of transactions that are available for allocation.
The following example relates to dealing with a Bank Transfer.
In the relevant row, you need to:
- Click the Please select button against the Bank Transfer transaction
- You will see a drop-down list of Income, Expenses, and Other categories
- Select Bank Transfer
- You will then see the Assign Bank Transfer screen. Most of the screen is pre-filled by Mclowd, except for To Account
- Click Please select against To Account and then select the relevant bank account
- If required, you can change the Notes to something more meaningful
- If you should not be adding a Bank Transfer, select CANCEL to return to the previous screen
Select TRANSFER FUNDS once you are satisfied with the information on the screen.
Was this page useful?
If you would like follow up on your feedback please provide your email address