Allocating contributions from suspense (legacy method)
Mclowd provides users with two options in terms of suspense allocations:
- A legacy interface (available to all users)
- An upgraded tabular interface which supports faster transaction processing (access to which is restricted to Pro and Premium users only)
- The suspense allocation function – in either mode – is not suitable for adding a new property or any additions to that property.
- That should be done only via the Add New Asset or Assets screens
- However the interface is suitable for allocating property-related rental income and deductions
The balance of this article deals with the legacy interface.
If you have successfully imported the bank data:
- Choose Suspense Allocation Legacy from the Transactions menu
- You will then see the Allocate Suspense Entries screen
From the Suspense Account Allocation screen you will see a list of transactions that are available for allocation.
The following example shows how to deal with contributions.
In the relevant row, you need to:
- Click the Please select button against that contribution transaction
- You will see a drop-down list of Income, Expenses, and Other categories
- Select Contribution
- You will then see the Add Contribution screen.
- Click Please select next to On Behalf Of if there is more than one member. If there is only one member, then the member will be pre-selected. In this case, the correct member in this example is Zoe Flinstone.
- The rest of the contribution information is pre-filled except for Contribution type.
- Click the Please select button against the Contribution type.
- Click Please select against Contribution type and select the relevant Contribution type from the drop-down menu.
- If required, you can change the Description
Select ADD CONTRIBUTION once you are satisfied with the information on the screen.