Allocating contributions from suspense (legacy method)
Mclowd provides users with two options in terms of suspense allocations:
- A legacy interface (available to all users)
- An upgraded tabular interface which supports faster transaction processing (access to which is restricted to Pro and Premium users only)
- The suspense allocation function – in either mode – is not suitable for adding a new property or any additions to that property.
- That should be done only via the Add New Asset or Assets screens
- However the interface is suitable for allocating property-related rental income and deductions
The balance of this article deals with the legacy interface.
If you have successfully imported the bank data:
- Choose Suspense Allocation Legacy from the Transactions menu
- You will then see the Allocate Suspense Entries screen
From the Suspense Account Allocation screen you will see a list of transactions that are available for allocation.
The following example shows how to deal with contributions.
In the relevant row, you need to:
- Click the Please select button against that contribution transaction
- You will see a drop-down list of Income, Expenses, and Other categories
- Select Contribution
- You will then see the Add Contribution screen.
- Click Please select next to On Behalf Of if there is more than one member. If there is only one member, then the member will be pre-selected. In this case, the correct member in this example is Zoe Flinstone.
- The rest of the contribution information is pre-filled except for Contribution type.
- Click the Please select button against the Contribution type.
- Click Please select against Contribution type and select the relevant Contribution type from the drop-down menu.
- If required, you can change the Description
Select ADD CONTRIBUTION once you are satisfied with the information on the screen.
Was this page useful?
If you would like follow up on your feedback please provide your email address