Allocating contributions from suspense (Pro version)
Users on the Pro version and above are able to allocate suspense entries through a more contemporary, tabulated interface designed to improve workflow.
Once you have imported your bank data:
- Choose Suspense Allocation from the Transactions menu (Pro features)
- You will then see the Allocate Suspense Entries screen
From the Allocate Suspense Entries, you will see a list of transactions you will need to allocate.
The following example shows how you deal with contributions.
In the relevant row, you need to choose the Edit button against that contribution transaction.
You will see the following screen.
- On the above Edit Record screen, we selected “Anita Brown” as the Member account because the Quicksuper contribution related to her account.
- When the screen first appears, the Account will be pre-selected as 2-9999 – Bank Clearing Suspense Unallocated
- To change the Account, choose the Right down arrow and a list of alternative options will display. You then choose the most appropriate option. In our example, we have selected 4-1230 – Employer – Concessional.
- If required, you can change the Description to something more meaningful.
- Once you have chosen the Account, you then choose UPDATE
- You will now see the Allocate Suspense Entries screen again. You can then choose the next transaction to allocate
- It is extremely important that you always select the correct Account here, as, if you select Fund, then the Accounts related to Contributions will not display as an option
- Please select the correct Member to allocate the contribution to