Allocating expenses of the fund from suspense (Pro version)
Users on the Pro version and above are able to allocate suspense entries through a more contemporary, tabulated interface designed to improve workflow.
Once you have imported your bank data:
- Choose Suspense Allocation from the Transactions menu (Pro features)
- You will then see the Allocate Suspense Entries screen
From the Allocate Suspense Entries, you will see a list of transactions you will need to allocate.
The following example relates to an auditor fee (ref 153023) of $308 on 18/10/2020, which is a fund expense.
In the relevant row, you need to choose the Edit button against that expense transaction.
You will see the following screen
- On the above Edit Record screen, you can alter the Member Account via the down arrow on the side – Fund or an Individual member. If the expense relates to an individual member, then you can click on the down arrow next to Select Account and change it to the relevant member account.
- When the screen first appears, the Account will be pre-selected as 2-9999 – Bank Clearing Suspense Unallocated
- To change the Account, choose the Right down arrow and a list of alternative options will display. You then choose the most appropriate option. In our example, we have selected Auditor Fee.
- If required, you can change the Description to something more meaningful.
- Once you have chosen the Account, you then choose UPDATE
- You will now see the Allocate Suspense Entries screen again. You can then choose the next transaction to allocate